Friday, October 23, 2009

First OOPS!

It was bound to happen sooner than later. Just like when I buy a new car, the first dent is inevitable. But I always feel better after getting it out of the way! LOL.

I was starting to inlet the tang on the breech plug after installing it on the barrel. I started chisel working the inlet and just hit the chisel with the hammer just a little bit to hard and off came a chunk of wood right where everyone can see it! Right smack on top of the wrist where the wood will meet the tang. Dang it!

So, out comes the new bottle of Elmer's Wood glue (I was planning ahead) and after cutting the notch deeper, I glued the piece back in place and I'm letting it sit at least overnight but probably let it set for a day or two. I don't expect it to be perfect but I'm doing my best.

This is, after all, my First handbuilt rifle right? LOL.

I'll try to get some more pictures up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment